Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Do you want to train some of the highest performing athletes in the world and keep them at the top of their game? On today’s show, I talk with Dr. Tim DiFrancesco who is the lead strength and conditioning coach for the Los Angeles Lakers.
In this episode we discuss:
- How he made the leap into professional sports.
- How is top strength tips can work on every patient/client regardless of age or experience.
- Why your workout should focus on time under tension and perfect form.
- How to stimulate muscle growth by increasing volume of work.
- Why breaking perfect form effects long term performance.
- How a PT background sets you up for success in the strength and conditioning world.
- And so much more!
This was a great interview with Tim on how his background as a physical therapist influences his strength and conditioning principles. I learned a great deal from Tim on this episode and I hope you come away with some great insights to use immediately in your clinical or fitness setting!
Tim’s Top Resources:
Kelly Starrett (http://www.mobilitywod.com/)
Dan John (http://danjohn.net/)
Pavel Tsatsouline (http://www.strongfirst.com/)
How to reach Tim:
Thank you for listening and subscribing to the podcast! And remember you can find me on Twitter: @KarenLitzyNYC
Don’t forget to tune in for the Thursday Quickie 2/11/16 with Dr. DiFrancesco on working with millennials!
Stay Healthy Wealthy & Smart!
I believe you have noted some very interesting points, appreciate it for the post.
Hello there. I found your web site by the use of Google even as searching for a related matter, your site got here up. It appears great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks to visit then.
Greetings! Very beneficial advice in this article!
It is the little changes that produce the biggest changes.
Thanks for sharing!