Sharon Salzberg is a meditation teacher and author. She is the cofounder of the Insight Meditation Society (IMS) in Barre, Massachusetts, and has played a crucial role in bringing Asian meditation practices to the West. The ancient Buddhist practices of vipassana (mindfulness) and metta (lovingkindness) are the foundations of her work. Sharon and I talked about how meditation has an effect on the brain and how meditation can be added into your everyday life. We also talked about some of the “myths” of meditation.
- 649: Dr. James Denisar-Green: Bridging the Gap: Providing Quality Care in Rural Communities
- 648: Dr. Donal O’Gorman: identifyHer and the Importance of Detecting Perimenopause Early
- 647: Dr. Ken Zweig: Improving Patient Health through Behavior Change
- 646: Chad Price: Battle-Ready Entrepreneurship: Strategies for Success
- 645: Veatrice Cook: Building a Network of Minority Physical Therapists