Welcome to 2016! The Healthy Wealthy & Smart podcast is back with new album art, new intro music (thanks to Candlebox) and a fantastic line up of amazing guests. I could not think of a better way to kick off the New Year than with a revealing interview with Ms. Gloria Steinem. Ms. Steinem is a writer, lecturer, political activist, and feminist organizer. She travels in this and other countries as an organizer and lecturer and is a frequent media spokeswoman on issues of equality. She is particularly interested in the shared origins of sex and race caste systems, gender roles and child abuse as roots of violence, non-violent conflict resolution, the cultures of indigenous peoples, and organizing across boundaries for peace and justice. She lives in New York City, and just published her first book in over twenty years. During this interview we talk about that new book, My Life on the Road. It is a wonderful book full of history and nuggets of wisdom from Gloria.
In this interview we talk about:
- How the nomadic nature of her childhood shaped her life as an adult.
- The concept of talking circles and how that concept guided her throughout her life.
- What were her more memorable moments from her life on the road.
- One of her biggest fears and how she continues to overcome it.
- The biggest challenge for women today.
- What her thoughts are on being the “face of a movement”.
- Her advice on how to identify an issue and start a movement (it is easier than you think).
- And so much more!
I can’t thank Gloria enough for her generosity of time, words and thoughts. She is truly a remarkable woman who continues to live an extraordinary life.
For more information on Gloria Steinem and see her speak in person click here.
Thank you so much for subscribing and listening!