Podcast: Play in new window | Download
The American Physical Therapy Association’s vision statement is: Transforming society by optimizing movement to improve the human experience. This is an ambitious vision statement and I for one am OK with ambitious. Now comes the question: How do we do it? In today’s episode I speak with Dr. Matthew Taylor about fostering creativity in rehabilitation and how incorporating creativity and compassion into our practice will help to transform our profession. It is important to transform the profession of physical therapy to move towards the vision statement of transforming society.
In this episode we talk about:
* How yoga has transformed Matthew’s PT career.
* What is yoga therapy and how does it differ from regular yoga.
* The concept of creativity and how it fits into the practice of PT and wellness.
* How can we transform society.
* The 6 exercises for priming compassion.
* And much more!
This is a great conversation and I feel Matthew gives some concrete steps to help to transform you, the profession and finally society as a whole. So, please enjoy this episode and have a great week!
Don’t forget if you like what you are hearing please share it with other, leave a comment, and give us a rating on iTunes here.