In this interview I am joined by Dr. Matt Sremba, Dr. Kyle Ridgeway, Paul Mitalski, MS. They discuss their upcoming panel style lecture at the American Physical Therapy Association’s Combined Sections meeting, taking place in Indianapolis from February 4-7. This session is designed for the physical therapist (PT) interested in innovative best practice models for sports performance and sports medicine. The expert panel will illustrate how interprofessional collaboration between physical therapists and scientists, engineers, and mathematicians can advance the quality of care provided to athletes and redefine the professional role of physical therapists in sports medicine. Examples of how technology can directly impact the decision making needed for efficient quality care by sports medicine physical therapists will be provided. The biomechanical models developed by physical therapists, engineers, and mathematicians to establish return-to-sport and evaluation protocols will be presented in a case format highlighting complicated sports medicine issues. This presentation will provide unique insight to the future of sports performance and sports medicine with the physical therapist in a leadership role. For more information on CSM click here.
- 595: Dr. Karlie Causey: Every Mom is an Athlete: Practical Tools for Postpartum Recovery
- 594: Dr. Joanne Kemp, PhD: How to Manage Hip Pain in Young Adults
- 593: Governor Martin Schreiber: Advocating for Alzheimer’s Caregivers
- 592: David Wood: The Mouse In The Room – Because the Elephant Isn’t Alone
- 591: Leon Anderson III: My Physical Therapy Journey