In this episode I discuss the recent Dr. Oz episode that featured “cutting edge” treatments for low back pain. I explained how those treatment were really not “cutting edge” or valid and then gave some suggestions as to what should have been on that list. I quoted the work of Eric Robertson, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT and science writer Paul Ingraham. Erica and I discussed how, as physical therapists, we can show the general public and media that we have such passion for what we do and how that passion along with our extensive knowledge can translate into true value to the patient.
- 649: Dr. James Denisar-Green: Bridging the Gap: Providing Quality Care in Rural Communities
- 648: Dr. Donal O’Gorman: identifyHer and the Importance of Detecting Perimenopause Early
- 647: Dr. Ken Zweig: Improving Patient Health through Behavior Change
- 646: Chad Price: Battle-Ready Entrepreneurship: Strategies for Success
- 645: Veatrice Cook: Building a Network of Minority Physical Therapists