In this episode I discuss the recent Dr. Oz episode that featured “cutting edge” treatments for low back pain. I explained how those treatment were really not “cutting edge” or valid and then gave some suggestions as to what should have been on that list. I quoted the work of Eric Robertson, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT and science writer Paul Ingraham. Erica and I discussed how, as physical therapists, we can show the general public and media that we have such passion for what we do and how that passion along with our extensive knowledge can translate into true value to the patient.
- 596: Michelle Hext: How to Price and Package Premium Offers that Sell Themselves
- 595: Dr. Karlie Causey: Every Mom is an Athlete: Practical Tools for Postpartum Recovery
- 594: Dr. Joanne Kemp, PhD: How to Manage Hip Pain in Young Adults
- 593: Governor Martin Schreiber: Advocating for Alzheimer’s Caregivers
- 592: David Wood: The Mouse In The Room – Because the Elephant Isn’t Alone