This show is based on the Explain Pain course by David Butler. I discussed the importance of the features of the therapist, patient, message, and context/environment when explaining pain to the patient. The importance of letting the patient speak and really hearing their story and using that when explaining pain. I also gave some helpful metaphors and stories that I use when explaining pain. Plus I was very happy to have a special caller, Barrett Dorko, PT. He of course had some great thoughts on all of this…but you will have to tune in to find out!
- 649: Dr. James Denisar-Green: Bridging the Gap: Providing Quality Care in Rural Communities
- 648: Dr. Donal O’Gorman: identifyHer and the Importance of Detecting Perimenopause Early
- 647: Dr. Ken Zweig: Improving Patient Health through Behavior Change
- 646: Chad Price: Battle-Ready Entrepreneurship: Strategies for Success
- 645: Veatrice Cook: Building a Network of Minority Physical Therapists