This show is based on the Explain Pain course by David Butler. I discussed the importance of the features of the therapist, patient, message, and context/environment when explaining pain to the patient. The importance of letting the patient speak and really hearing their story and using that when explaining pain. I also gave some helpful metaphors and stories that I use when explaining pain. Plus I was very happy to have a special caller, Barrett Dorko, PT. He of course had some great thoughts on all of this…but you will have to tune in to find out!
- 595: Dr. Karlie Causey: Every Mom is an Athlete: Practical Tools for Postpartum Recovery
- 594: Dr. Joanne Kemp, PhD: How to Manage Hip Pain in Young Adults
- 593: Governor Martin Schreiber: Advocating for Alzheimer’s Caregivers
- 592: David Wood: The Mouse In The Room – Because the Elephant Isn’t Alone
- 591: Leon Anderson III: My Physical Therapy Journey