This show is based on the Explain Pain course by David Butler. I discussed the importance of the features of the therapist, patient, message, and context/environment when explaining pain to the patient. The importance of letting the patient speak and really hearing their story and using that when explaining pain. I also gave some helpful metaphors and stories that I use when explaining pain. Plus I was very happy to have a special caller, Barrett Dorko, PT. He of course had some great thoughts on all of this…but you will have to tune in to find out!
- 613: Jamey Schrier: Perfect Pricing: How to Price, Charge and Get Paid for What You Do
- 612: Julie Bee: Leveraging Burnout to Fuel Success
- 611: Maia Monell: Nav.it Creating Lasting Behavioral Change Around Money Habits
- 610: Scott Colby: Creating A Happy Workplace With Gratitude
- 609: Matty Lansdown: How to Not Get Sick and Die