On this week’s episode of the Healthy Wealthy and Smart Podcast, Christoph Trappe joins me to share how you can be an authentic storyteller in healthcare. Christoph Trappe (aka The Authentic Storyteller™) is a career storyteller who has worked as a journalist, a nonprofit executive, and a content marketing strategist and consultant. He is a globally-recognized content marketing expert who frequently speaks at marketing conferences about social media, blogging and results-oriented storytelling strategies.
In this episode, we discuss:
-Why healthcare practitioners should develop the skill of authentic storytelling
-How to promote your story to the world to make the largest impact
-Can ego sabotage your authentic story?
-How to craft a compelling and meaningful story
-And much, much more!
Christoph believes that differentiating your brand and attracting customer interest to your unique mission is the key to a successful practice. He stresses, “What it comes down to is whoever tells the best stories wins.”
Finding the best channels to disseminate your message is critical for growth. Christoph states, “Some people say it’s not the best content that wins but it’s the best promoted content that wins.”
While presenting to large audiences, Christoph discourages reliance on visuals and recommends stimulating a two-way dialogue. It is important to remember, “Story telling is a conversation even when people are not talking back.”
For more about Christoph:
Christoph Trappe (aka The Authentic Storyteller™) is a career storyteller who has worked as a journalist, a nonprofit executive, and a content marketing strategist and consultant. He is a global keynote speaker, frequent blogger and author. His digital initiatives have been recognized globally. He is currently helping hospitals across the United States share their authentic stories.
He is a globally-recognized content marketing expert who frequently speaks at marketing conferences about social media, blogging and results-oriented storytelling strategies. Some of his awards include:
- 2 on the global #hit100 of healthcare social media influencers (2016)
- 3 Content Marketing Account to Follow on Twitter for 2016
- Top 25 most interesting social media blogs in 2016
- Most Influential on the 2015 HIT99 Healthcare Social Media List
- IMA Marketer of the Year – 2015 and Best Blog – Community Engagement
- Top 10 content marketers on social media by Klout – 2016
- 100th Most Influential Marketer (Content Marketing World)
- 89th Most Influential Content Marketer on Twitter (Axonn Media, London)
- 5 content marketing expert to follow on Twitter by VEInteractive
- 14 (of 45) content marketer globally to follow (Mount Now)
- 2012 Corridor Business Journal Forty Under 40
- 2011 Freedom Festival Hero award (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) for community involvement
- 2007 one of three Young Iowa Journalists of the Year
- 2001 to 2005, numerous Iowa Associated Press Managing Editor reporting awards
Christoph sits on two global boards to advance the art and science of authentic storytelling content marketing:
Content marketing in healthcare
In his role as senior director of content marketing + content creation at MedTouch, Christoph and his team handle content writing across all sizes of website projects and advise healthcare brands across the United States on blogging, social media and eNewsletter strategies and how to align those strategies with patient/member/donor acquisition efforts. The team also partners closely with clients as needed to implement strategies. A key part of the team’s success is its internal engagement with physicians and leaders who actively request their guidance. The Content Marketing Institute has listed the team as a top global content marketing agency.
Resources discussed on this show:
Thanks for listening and subscribing to the podcast! Make sure to connect with me on twitter, instagram and facebook to stay updated on all of the latest! Show your support for the show by leaving a rating and review on iTunes!
Have a great week and stay Healthy Wealthy and Smart!
P.S. Do you want to be a stand out podcast guest? Make sure to grab the tools from the FREE eBook on the home page! Check out my latest blog post on The Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media!