Do you want to increase your social media following? Would you like to be able to spread your message to a wider audience across the globe? In order to grow your social media following the right way there are some do’s and don’ts that are really easy to follow! The following list is by no means comprehensive but I think it is a great place to start!
Social Media Do’s
- Always lead with value that is useful to your ideal client
- Direct people back to your content on your website
- Be consistent with your content
- Be engaging with your followers. Talk to people and be social!
- Don’t forget to listen to your audience (followers)
- Engage with people in your local area (reporters, news outlets, past patients, other practitioners, local FB groups)
- Be real, authentic and yourself!
- Check your state practice act/ APTA
- Keep your posts short and sweet!
- Have good manners!
Social Media Don’ts
- Only network with other PTs. Spend time talking to potential customers, other healthcare workers, etc
- Write only for your peers, write for potential customer as well.
- Think that your social media presence will explode overnight
- Generic automated responses (having a bot write your posts)
- Buy followers
- Be a jerk! Not many people like a jerk!
Some great social media resources to keep you in the know with all of the latest do’s and don’ts:
Like I said above this is by no means a comprehensive lists of do’s and don’ts. I would love to know what tips you live by on social media….tweet me at @karenlitzyNYC or hop on over to my Facebook page here and leave your great door don’t tips for social media!
Hope you see you on social media!