In this podcast I am joined by Rick Gawenda, PT and he answers your burning questions about ICD 10.
Some of the topics we covered in this podcast are:
* The 7th character…what is it and when do you have to use it?
* How many ICD 10 codes need to be on a claim form? Can you ever have too many?
* What are the documentation requirements in the patient’s medical records?
* Are the diagnosis codes the same as the treatment codes?
* What are external cause codes for injuries?
* Rick takes us through a few tutorials on how to code based on some diagnoses.
This was a super informative episode! Rick literally knows most of this stuff off the top of his head (which I was very impressed with) and he shares with us a very comprehensive look at the major aspects of the ICD 10 coding system.
Thank you all for listening and please feel free to share with friends and family! And if you like what you are hearing I would be ever so grateful for a review on iTunes!
Have a great week and stay healthy wealthy and smart!